The Presidium of the Czech Science Foundation is appointed by the Government of the Czech Republic. Each member is responsible for one of the below mentioned scientific areas. The Presidium is authorized to organize the Call for proposals for scientific and research projects and to award grants. It administers all activities of the Czech Science Foundation.
The GA CR Presidium is headed by the President. Members of the Presidium are elected for four years with the possibility of two subsequent terms of office maximum. The President represents GA CR and acts in its name in all relevant matters. The Presidium consists of five members:
RNDr. Alice Valkárová, DrSc. (President) – Physical Sciences
prof. Ing. Stanislava Hronová, CSc., dr. h. c. (Vice-President) – Social Sciences and Humanities
prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc. – Medical and Biological Sciences
doc. RNDr. Petr Baldrian, Ph.D. – Agricultural and Biological-Environmental Sciences
The main activities of the Presidium are:
- approving Calls for Proposals
- management and control of the evaluation process in close cooperation with the Discipline Committees
- approving the results of the individual calls for proposals and awarding grants on the basis of recommendation of the Discipline Committees
- approving the results of the on-going and finished grants on the basis of recommendation of the Discipline Committees
- reporting to the Czech Parliament and to the Government of the Czech Republic
- promoting basic research within the Czech society and internationally
- promoting international cooperation (bilateral and global)
Scientific Advisory Board
The Scientific Advisory Board gives scientific advice to the Czech Science Foundation Presidium with regard to promoted projects and composition and operation of GA CR Discipline Committees and Panels. It also evaluates overall scientific level of the Czech Science Foundation and creates strategic concept for its future development and direction.
The Scientific Advisory Board consists of 12 experts representing different scientific disciplines. Membership in the Scientific Advisory Board lasts for four years with the possibility of two subsequent terms of office maximum.
The current Scientific Advisory Board members:
- prof. Ing. Zdeněk Bittnar, DrSc. (Chair)
- prof. MUDr. Tomáš Zima, DrSc., MBA (Vice-Chair)
- prof. Ing. Jana Hajšlová, CSc.
- prof. RNDr. Václav Hampl, DrSc.
- prof. RNDr. Jan Hanousek, CSc.
- prof. RNDr. Jan Kratochvíl, CSc.
- prof. PhDr. Jiří Kuthan, DrSc., dr. h. c.
- prof. Ing. Jiří Málek, DrSc.
- prof. RNDr. Bedřich Moldan, CSc.
- doc. RNDr. Vojtěch Petráček, CSc.
- prof. PhDr. Jan Sokol, CSc., Ph.D.
- prof. MUDr. Julius Špičák, CSc.
The Supervisory Board controls the transparency of the evaluation process, oversees the distribution of funds and overall functioning of the Czech Science Foundation.
It has 10 members, who are appointed by the Parliament of the Czech Republic from among experts. Membership in the Supervisory Board lasts for four years with the possibility of two subsequent terms of office maximum.
The current Supervisory Board:
- prof. PhDr. Jana Geršlová, CSc. (Chair)
- prof. Ing. Mária Režňáková, CSc. (Vice-Chair)
- prof. Ing. Rostislav Drochytka, CSc., MBA
- prof. Ing. Ladislav Jakl, CSc.
- prof. Mgr. Libor Jan, Ph.D.
- doc. JUDr. Věra Kalvodová, Dr.
- prof. Ing. Petr Konvalinka, CSc.
- Ing. Mirka Wildmannová, Ph.D.