On December 18, 2020, twelve research-funding European organizations with support of Science Europe have launched Weave, a European initiative whose aim is to fund and support excellent international research projects evaluated based on Lead Agency (LA) principle. The scope of the network, that will be supporting bilateral and trilateral scientific cooperation across Europe, is unique.
GACR is already cooperating with some members of the initiative:
- Austrian Science Fund (FWF—Austria)
- German Research Foundation (DFG—Germany)*
- National Science Centre (NCN—Poland)
- Slovenian Research Agency (ARRS—Slovenia)
- Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF—Switzerland)
In the following five years, GACR will establish cooperation with other Weave members:
- Fund for Scientific Research (FNRS—Belgium)
- Research Foundation Flanders (FWO—Belgium)
- National Research Fund (FNR—Luxembourg)
- Croatian Science Foundation (HRZZ—Croatia)
- Research Council of Norway (RCN—Norway)
- Swedish Research Council for Sustainable Development (FORMAS—Sweden)
*Until this year, cooperation with DFG has been in the regime of bilateral international projects, this cooperation will transform into LA projects starting next year. Original cooperation of CEUS initiative and call with Swiss agency SNSF will together fall under Weave from 2021 onwards.
The aim of Weave is to simplify the submission of proposals and the selection procedure of joint projects – the evaluation will always be carried out by only one organization. The agencies’ existing structures will be used for evaluation and funding of projects. Establishing foreign cooperation should therefore be easier for scientists. The initiative also has an ambition to extend the opportunities for researchers to freely determine the composition, orientation and content of their projects across Europe.
Involved agencies have developed, with the support of Science Europe, an interactive online tool for researchers that will help them to determine relevant funding opportunities for their projects.
Our agency will provide information about individual calls separately on its website in News section and also on this webpage.
For further information contact us at email@example.com.